Tsegi - sacred journey

Tsegi - sacred journey

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Desert View after sunrise




Got up early this morning and left at 3:30 am to get to the east entrance of the Grand Canyon. This weekend, "they" waived the $25 entrance fee, so I thought I would just take off and see what I could see.

It was raining all the way up, and very windy, but as you can see, some very dramatic skies could be found. It really was a nice drive, and getting there early, there was hardly anyone else walking around. I ventured out onto one of the promentories, and then explored some of the other lookout points. By the time I got back to Desert View, the parking lot was filling up, but I just had to go inside the watchtower and go up to the top. Just an incredible place.

Stopped at Wupatki on the way home and down through Oak Creek Canyon. Can't wait to process some more images. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

abrah said...

Otherworldly! Gorgeous! WOW! :-)