Tsegi - sacred journey

Tsegi - sacred journey

Monday, September 21, 2009

Close encounter.......


Just one word of advise..... mindfulness. Always be aware of your surroundings and where your feet are going next !

I startled this fellow while hiking on Mint Wash Trail around the backside of Granite Mountain. Needless to say, I was very thankful for the warning that he gave me before I got too close. Mind you, the 4 or 5 feet that I was away from him, I'm glad to say, wasn't too close for him. I immediately stopped, backed up, and went around him giving him a wide berth. Oddly, he didn't really move that much, so I actually had time to switch out lenses, and go back in for a few more shots. I know, maybe not the smartest thing to do, considering I was atleast a mile from civilization, but he was a beautiful creature !

At any rate, always keep your eyes open and your wits about you. I let my guard down, and almost paid dearly for it. It won't happen again.

No comments: