Tsegi - sacred journey

Tsegi - sacred journey

Sunday, May 17, 2009

the simple things


Sometimes it really is just the simple things. Just wandering around the house the other day, trying different settings on the camera, I was just snapping whatever came into view. This image caught my eye and then I decided to play with it. Without getting too metaphysical, I find sometimes, just walking around with the camera in hand shifts my normal orientation of perception into more of the "now". If that makes sense. Some times we don't "see" things because of the repetition of always looking at them. That's one of the reasons why, when I go out shooting, I like to go to places I've been before, and see if I can consciously shift my perception of the sameness, and find something different to "see". Try it sometime. It's really amazing what new discoveries you can make.

1 comment:

Steve V said...

It's really true, Dave. I use the same idea when I am trying to come up with a new design. Take the ordinary and try to look at it in a new way. See what really is there and then try to see what else might be found there. We need to remind ourselves to do this more often... Steve