Tsegi - sacred journey

Tsegi - sacred journey

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Jerome Lock - Up


so .... I was fortunate enough to get juried into my first venture in an art gallery exhibition. I attended the opening night reception with a friend, and discretely observed people looking at, and discussing my works. It was a very new experience for me, almost out of body type experience, to see strangers interested in my work. I didn't win any awards, but I was extremely ecstatic when three weeks later, I went back to the gallery to pick up my pieces at the end of the exhibiton, and found that one of them (this one shown) had actually sold ! This feeling of being acknowledged and appreciated, I think, can become very addictive. I can't wait for the next one. Now begins the search for more opportunities.

No comments: